PHS Men’s Swim and Dive team competed in the SEC Championships over the weekend. After the prelims on Friday, the Pirates brought 18 of the 20 members back for the finals on Saturday.
Results of the finals:
- Tyler Ray, Mitchell Dickey, Al Thorington, and Alex Beckwith finished 2nd in the 200Y Medley Relay
- In the 200Y Freestyle Mitchell Dickey finished 2nd
- In the 200 Y individual medley Erik Bolang finished Second and Graham Kovacich finished 7th
- In the 50 Y Freestyle Alex Beckwith finished 7th
- In the 1 Meter Diving Conor Bloom finished 5th, Tyler Laesch finished 6th, Kurt Morgan finished 9th, and Caden Shannon finishing 10th out of 12 divers
- In the 100 Y Butterfly Tyler Ray finished 2nd and Al Thorington finished 5th
- In the 100 Y Freestyle Alex Beckwith finished 7th
- In the 500 Y Freestyle after finishing 5th in prelims Erik Bolang came from behind to finish 1st with a time of 4:49.78 which also reset the SEC record! Mitchell Dickey finished 2nd.
- In the 200 Y Freestyle relay of Al Thorington, Merek Dickey, Tyler Laesch, and Erik Bolang finished 5th after finishing 6th in prelims.
- In the 100Y backstroke Tyler Ray finished 3rd, Graham Kovacich finished 7th, and Owen Weinburger finished 8th
- In the final event the 400 Y Freestyle Relay of Erik Bolang, Mitchell Dickey, Alex Beckwith, and Tyler Ray finished 3rd after finishing 4th in Prelims.
For the second year in a row since rejoining the SEC, PHS has finished second to the reigning D2 State Champs Dexter.